The Healey Building is located at 57 Forsyth Street, N.W., in Downtown Atlanta’s Fairlie-Poplar Historic District, one block from Peachtree Street, Woodruff Park, and the Five Points intersection. The Healey is located equidistant from Five Points and Peachtree Center MARTA rail stations.
The Healey Building is part of a multi-building block, the block marked by Forsyth, Walton, Broad and Poplar Street. Half of the block is the Healey Building itself, while the other half is made up of buildings fronting Broad Street. All buildings are joined together by a central lobby. The building’s main entrance is on Forsyth Street, but the building also has public entrances on Walton Street and Broad Street.
One block west of Woodruff Park
Across the street from the U.S. Court of Appeals
Kitty-corner from the GSU School of Music / Rialto Center
Next door to the Aderhold Learning Center
Across the street from the historic Grant Building
One side faces restaurant-heavy Broad Street
One block over from the Marietta Street side of Five Points MARTA Station
From I-75 / I-85:
Take the Courtland St. exit- EXIT 249A- toward Georgia State University.
Stay straight to go onto Courtland St.
Turn right onto Andrew Young International Boulevard
Turn left onto Peachtree St.
Turn right onto Forsyth St. (turn is not sharp, more like a split; veer slightly to right; you will pass the main library on your right).
End at 57 Forsyth St.
For interactive driving directions from any location, visit Google Maps.com.
See the MARTA web site for schedules, fares, etc.
From Peachtree Center
- Take MARTA rail to Peachtree Center Station.
- Exit station out the southern exit, following signs indicating “Carnegie Way” or “Central Library.”
- You will take a long escalator, exiting at the intersection of Carnegie Way, Peachtree Street and Forsyth Street. (Elevator access is available by exit at the southeast exit, by Georgia-Pacific / Ritz-Carlton.)
- Go straight ahead (south) down Forsyth Street. You will pass the library on your right and, after one block, the Equitable Building (about 30 stories) on your left.
- Walk four blocks and the Healey Building (white, 16 stories) will be on the left. You will pass a Dunkin’ Donuts, a 24-hour diner, and a theater on your way.
- The main entrance is located at 57 Forsyth St.
From Five Points
- Take MARTA rail to Five Points Station.
- Exit station out the western side, towards Forsyth St., and exit onto the street.
- Turn right, crossing the bridge that goes over the rail lines.
- Continue walking to Marietta Street, cross that street, and walk one more block.
- You are now at the block; the main entrance is located at 57 Forsyth St.
There are numerous bus lines with convenient access to the building, including Routes 3, 26, 40, and 816. See the MARTA web site for details.